Contemporary American Indian
Navajo Rugs For Sale
Revival Chief White Antelope Navajo Blanket
- Number: 252
- Description: Chief White Antelope Revival Navajo Blanket
- Rug Size: 63" x 85"
- Colors: Natural Colors: Light Grey, Medium Brown, Very Light Tan, Dark Grey, & White. Aniline Colors: Dark Red, Dark Blue, & Light Blue
- Condition: Mint Condition
- Circa: 1990
- Other Details: A Recreation Of The Blanket Taken Off The Body Of Cheyenne Chief White Antelope When He Was Shot Down By The Us Calvary At The Sand Creek Massacre In Colorado In 1864.
Terraced Manders, Chevrons, Zig Zag Lighting Bars, Spider Women Crosses, Concentric Stepped Triangles, And Birds. Central Side And Corners Have Diamonds, Half Diamonds And Quarter Diamonds.
1992 Navajo Show Ribbon (Honorable Mention Category Chief Oversize) From Museum Of Northern Arizona Flagstaff. Single Ply Commercially Spun Wool
- Weaver: Helen M. Johnson, New Mexico
The Revival "Chief White Antelope" Navajo Blanket
This Chief White Antelope blanket is a circa 1990 close copy of the original blanket worn by the Cheyenne Chief White Antelope when he was killed in 1864 at the Battle of Sand Creek Colorado.
The original blanket was woven during the classical period 1840 to 1863. Many regard this blanket as the finest example of the late classical period of Chief's Navajo Blankets. The blanket is unique in that for the period the weaving was much more elaborate and detailed in design.
Please Call Charley for Pricing at 559-584-2795 or 559-259-9482 or email Charley@CharleysNavajoRugs.com
Contact me for more information or to order at Charley@CharleysNavajoRugs.com or call 559-259-9482.